hey ya'll, this is my first blog (jesse), hence the length. thank you for all your prayers. God has been really good to us. we are thankful that He has made this thing happen thus far. it seems like God is advancing us into greater blessings so far.
i was out praying last night and just thinking about how absolutely nuts it is that God has picked us up with His hands and placed us on this island out in the middle of the Pacific. who am i but a redneck who likes deer jerky and John Deere tractors, and brags about how i wish i were a hunter. but He has given us everything to just show us that it wasn't we who have done this, but God alone.
i can't say "the journey of the unknown's" is over yet. i feel like we are at one of the more critical parts of the way right now: finding the church-family to sink our roots into. this is no small responsibility. we have been getting fairly acquainted with Hope Chapel and New Hope since we've been here. both churches have some serious strengths that are very attractive to us in our pre-Japan-missions-equipping-and-vision-honing-days. (literature etiquette flows.) when we go to one church, we see things we want to tap into. we go the other church and we see how we could fit in real well with their vision.
we have some friends at New Hope we met last year who work with the Japanese ministry. they are awesome and have been very generous and hospitable to us. we went to a bbq at the beach in waikiki with them on saturday. good ribs. had the chance to learn to surf, and chose to hang out by the grill instead. (maybe next time!) we witnessed our first Japanese baptism! that was awesome. i have never seen someone pray that long before they dunked the baptizee. i waited patiently for the Holy Spirit to descent upon me like a dove and give me interpretation so i could understand what the heck he was saying. and we also got to meet a pastor from Tokyo named Talo who is over several New Hope Japan churches; he had a lot of encouraging words for us and good insight to share.
at Hope Chapel, we met Pastor Ralph Moore and his wife our first sunday. he was very excited about why we are in Hawaii. he has a strong vision for Japan. he introduced us to some people and told them God brought us to Hawaii to be a part of Hope Chapel. i about fell out of my seat and nearly jumped for the correction, but i restrained. haha. that was unexpected. he invited me to come to a small group he is mentoring on saturday mornings for prospective church planters. i was hugely honored that this apostle invited me into his small group of mentorees. after all, his ministry has given birth and multiplied to tons of church plants (literally tons). i went this past saturday and it was really cool to be so welcomed.
as you can probably tell, we feel tugged in 2 directions. i guess it's better than being here for a year without having a clue where a good church is. we trust God will lead us in the right way. we are looking forward to finding a church home. please keep us in your prayers for guidance and clear understanding of His will and prophetic assignment for us.
thank you all. we love you very much and already miss you. please forgive my extensive sermon. (you know i don't know how to do otherwise.) but i did have a lot to catch up on.
Jesse and Jessica Cupp
Monday, February 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
I'm confident that you will hear the voice of the Lord concerning your future there. If he can get the Hoosier to Hawaii, he can definitely show you the right way. We love you guys and we're praying for you.
Jesse- so good to hear what's going on. Tell your wife I'll call her later tonight- I am itching to talk to her. I am thankful that there are two bodies there thay you feel could be home and I believe, as Bill said you will hear the voice of the Lord concerning your future, but God probably has some sort of partnership with both church bodies. I'm excited to see how it turns out.
Oh yeah- did Jess learn to surf?
Just to keep you posted on what's going on in the mainlands....your hoosier loved ones are enjoying close to 8 inches of snow right now. The temp was -5*f when I went to work yesterday. But it's all good. It has warmed up quite a bit to about 12* f today when the snow was dumping on us. But, on the bright side, I'm all cozy on the sofa right now with candles lit all around, and our phony little fireplace flickering.
Enough about us, it's great to know that God is putting everything into place for you guys out there. Sounds like the final unfinished detail is deciding which church to plug into. Chris and I understand that dilemna all too well, and trust that the Lord is going to bring you an answer soon. Love you both!
Just flip a coin.
I am continuing to pray for you guys! He may bring clarity as to which congregation through the relationships you build. Though they can both offer you comparable ministry strengths, the Lord may call you based on the specific and strategic relationships he has for you... just a thought along with the many.
Love you both!
these are all good words for us. all except the flipping of the coin. i already tried the fleece and it didn't work. j/k. we appreciate your hearts and your prayers.
and, no Bethany, Jessica didn't try surfing either. we may ease into this with some boogie boarding first. we'll see.
I was just telling Alisha today that you guys had moved. I said "I need to send Jessica an e-mail tonight!" -- and then I got your e-mail and blog!
So good to hear how you're doing! I will be praying for your church decision. I know how hard that is. But 2 good churches are better than 0! :) Love you guys!!
hey guys!
good to hear from you jessie. glad you guys are doing well. talk to you soon.
love, j.mack
Hello Jesse,
It is so good to hear about all your new experiences in Hawaii. Decisions....Decisions....you know who makes the final decision don't you? All you have to do is trust in HIS word and HE will direct thy path...just "listen" to what HE is saying. "Be still and know that I am God"
Hey guys,
i stumbled upon your blog.
We have been wondering if you are getting settled in o.k.
let us know what a good email is for you.
we have been praying for you.
Love you guys!
I didn't know you could leave a message right here. Shows how much I know about this whole "blog world". It's so awesome to hear what's going on in Hawaii! I'll be praying for you guys for clarity on your church decision. Sounds like the pastor already made the decision for you though. That makes it easy now :) Well, you're missed around here, but I'm stoked to see what God continues to do in and through you guys! Love you!!!!!!!!
wow...you guys have already had 11 comments and i've barely had time to read your update. so many choices. you are in our hearts and we are praying for you. i know that you hear from God and for that reason, i know that you will land where you are intended. love you guys.
Post a Comment