Friday, January 26, 2007

Setting up

We have hit the ground running and it seems like we haven't stopped since. God has been so faithful to prepare everything quickly. On Monday, we moved into our 2 bedroom apartment in Salt Lake, located on the west side of Honolulu. It is on the 15th floor - check out the view from the living room! We have spent the week furnishing our new home and hope to finish soon! Also, we were able to purchase a car on Wednesday that has low mileage for a good price. Praise God! Today we were able to get our Internet connected in our home so we should be able to be in better contact now. Jesse will begin work this Wednesday, it is hard to beleive the time is almost here. Last Sunday we were able to visit Hope Chapel and New Hope. They are both very dinamic foursquare churches. Please continue to pray for clarity for which body we are to partner with in preparing for Japan.


January 31-February 2 we will be attending the "Doing Church as a Team" conference. We are very excited to see what is in store for this. Please pray that God will give us great insight on how to conitnue to prepare to reach Japan.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is incredible! He has total control over your lives and over all our lives! Seeing what he has done for you gives me more and more peace in my heart knowing that He can do all things. I mean, I knew that in my head, but it just isn't always in my heart.

We continue to pray for you guys and have asked God to make a way for our whole family to visit. Mia asks me every single night not to forget to pray for God to help us financially go to visit. She sometimes interrupts my prayer so I won't forget. Isn't that cool!

We love you guys a lot! Keep running!

Unknown said...

Guys, seriously, if you just wanted some time away from all of us for a lengthy vacation, then why didn't you just come out and say so? There's no shame in that!

God is with you both. I pray for courage, deep zeal, and joy for you guys. Keep at it everyday. This is the land He's called you to for now, your inheritance, yours to subdue.

Josh 3:1-5
1 Then Joshua rose early in the morning; and they set out from Acacia Grove and came to the Jordan, he and all the children of Israel...v3 and they commanded the people, saying, “When you see the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, and the priests, the Levites, bearing it, then you shall set out from your place and go after it... v5 And Joshua said to the people, “Sanctify yourselves, for tomorrow the LORD will do wonders among you.” 6 Then Joshua spoke to the priests, saying, “Take up the ark of the covenant and cross over before the people.”

Go for it! We are all behind you in prayer! Love you, both, thanks for the updates.

Bethany said...

This is so exciting. I'm so glad you are finding so many things you need and having these needs met in a timely fashion.

Jess- we'll definitely talk this week as soon as I get my voice back :-)

I'll email you in a bit

Anonymous said...

Some people will do anything for attention. Geez....

;)

I LOVE the view from your living room. Out of my living room, I see Greenfield.

Hey just so you know, God is allowing you to enjoy your reward here on Earth instead of the eternal one that the rest of us will enjoy.....okay, so I'm kidding.

Anonymous said...

It is so exciting to hear how the Lord is working things out for the both of you and it seems He is going above and beyond what you have asked for:) Know that both of you are in my prayers. Love you both!

Christa said...

Umm... When can I come visit? Praise God for how He is providing for you guys! He is faithful! We're praying for you and believing for great things! Love you guys!

Trish said...

I think we need to see some photos of your place once you get it all set up! I'm so excited that you have a blog so we can keep in touch. I'm excited to hear about all that God has in store for both of you!

Blessings!